1. I hope to break the 100 mark this year for projects. Here's my tally's!
I loom knit 63 projects this year!
27 mini stockings total
2 blankets - one large baby blanket (see giraffe blanket) and one twin size blanket (Planes, Trains Automobiles)
23 of the items were my own designs, some of which I made several times
2. Finish my son's double knit intarsia blanket. - I finished this! Take a look at the Planes Trains Automobiles post.
3. Place in the Vanna's Choice contest (why not!). - well, I'm assuming I didn't place since they haven't called me, but it was fun. I entered my Granny Square Scarf. - I didn't place, but that's ok, i'll keep trying. I'm going to enter the Planes Trains Blanket for this next year.
4. Enter a project in the State Fair. - oops - missed the deadline again! Maybe next year.
5. Finish all my UFO's! - HAHA, well here's hoping! I'm down to 2 long term UFO's that haven't been touched in a while (sock and tunica) and 5 other projects that i've added this year!
6. Knit a sweater! - Well I knit two sweaters this year. Graciela's sweater and my son's Super Sleuth sweater. I also machine knit a cardigan.
Well that's my original goals. New goals added in May
1. Regularly enter Project Yarnway on Ravelry. It's a group for designers to present their creations based on the criteria for that month. Well I did enter May, June, and July, and November. We have a few months to complete the Dec challenge as the challenge is to create a 5 piece set! Not sure if i'll be able to do this or not. I may do some of it by machine, we'll see what happens.
2. Needle Felt - I just learned how to do this at the Markman Farm retreat and I LOVE it! I'm really excited about trying more things. I want to try my hand at needle felting soap and doing Christmas ornaments or pins. If you've never tried it, it's so much fun. - I did hand felt some soap, I think I got a little too impatient with it because it wasn't quite right so I never tried the needle felting on it. I'll try again sometime.
3. Find a way to organize all my yarn so I can get to it easier. That's a never ending goal for sure! - I actually did this a littel bit! I sorted out all my nicer yarn in to separate boxes and sorted the rest by color and labeled the bins that they are in. I should be able to find things now! or...at least for a little while. I still have a few more places to sort through though since it's all over the house.
Ok, here are some must finish goals from Nov.
1. Knit 24 mini stockings - done!
2. Finish the sleeve and final sewing on my sweater - finished!
3. Finish the back to the Winter Lace Pillow and sew it together - done!
4. Finish Cabled Scarf I just started - uh, well that goes on the ufo pile!
5. Take a nap - just kidding....I won't have time!!!
6. Work on Alpaca Scarf - oops started some mittens instead ;)
7. Design and enter something in the AKB contest - due by end of Nov. I could enter the same thing for Project Yarnway this month too. - done!
Taught full time as owner/teacher in the LKNB group.
Became a moderator of Loom Class and I also taught 4 classes.
Taught a retreat for Markman Farm in California with the Felted Diamond Tote Bag.
Taught a retreat with Angel Philipp for Kiss Looms in Illinois with the spa set.
Learned how to use a Bond Sweater Machine in November and knit 11 projects including 6 hats, one tam, a stocking and a cardigan.
Attended my first knitting machine club meeting in Paducah in December.
Taught a continuing education loom knitting class at John A Logan College.
Taught a few private loom knitting lessons.
Did a loom knitting demonstration for a local Girl Scout troop.
Participated in one dishcloth swap (Kiss Looms) and package in the post exchange (Gettin It Pegged).
I hope you've met some of your goals for 2010. Leave me a comment and let me know what you did in 2010! I wish you a very happy, healthy, New Year!